
Tonight my daughter
Bradyn was being exceptionally helpful. She was outside helping daddy, and then inside helping mommy, asking both of us after she was done, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" And then during dinner, saying more than once, "Thank you Mommy for a great dinner, even though it is a little spicy." And then when she went to get water, she asked, "Would anyone else like some water." And then came the most amazing moment of selflessness after Julia went to the neighbors house without asking after dinner,
Bradyn came to me and said, "I think I would like to take Julia's consequences for her." I asked her to repeat herself because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She said the same thing again. I was like, "Wow, honey that was very sweet. That is like what Jesus did for us when he took the punishment for our sins, and changed places with us isn't it?" She shook her head yes and she burrowed up in my hug. I told her that Julia didn't know that what she did was wrong and wasn't going to
receive any punishment, but
thank you so much for being willing to do that. She shook her head and had this relieved/"I'm such a good sister" look on her face. And best of all there isn't a bad ending. She was an amazing girl tonight, living the verse that we are memorizing from Philippians 2:3-11 passage. "Each of you should look not only to our own interests but also to the interests of others..."
No comments:
Post a Comment