Thursday, June 07, 2007

A baby and our Kamryn...

We went to see cute little Daisy Lee Gemmer (the daughter of our children's director at Northlake) at the hospital today, a mere 22 hours old and probably the cutest, most amazing baby I have ever seen. Weighing in at 9 pounds and coming out with a c-section, she was just staring at us, making cute noises and making me want another baby, but that is beside the point. Kids under 12 couldn't go in to see the kids (lame) so they wheeled out Daisy in the clear baby carriage so the kids could see her through the window. Daisy just stared at my three kids through the window... It was priceless.

But, what Kamryn said later was even more priceless. See, Kamryn has made up her mind long ago that she wasn't going to have babies because it (a c-section) would hurt too much. So, when I came home later that day, she ran up to me, gave me a hug and then asked, "Did you hold little Daisy?" I said yes, she is so cute. "Is Deanna in a lot of pain?" No, she is feeling pretty good. "She is not in pain?" No. She is good. "O.K. I think I will have a baby then."

So cute.

1 comment:

Darin Gemmer said...

Thank you for sharing this sweet story and for all the great things you said about my little one. Tell Kamryn I think she will make a great mom someday.Deanna