Saturday, December 09, 2006

That's a good idea...

I caught Bradyn jumping on our bed tonight which is definatley a no-no in our family, and so I gave her a timeout to think about what the consequence should be. After a little bit, I went in and asked her why she was in trouble. She named her wrong behavior and then we talked about what the consequence should be. I don't normally do this, but I was kind of in a mood that I wanted her to realize that bad choices bring consequences... So, I asked her what it should be and she says, "I have one, but I don't want to tell you. How about no dinner?" Well, I didn't jump on that one, but I did say how about no dessert. She immediatley freaked. After a bit we both came back and I said how about you get only one of the two cookies, if you accept the discipline well. She said, "That's a good idea." (You really needed to see her face when she said that...)

So much of the umph of blogging is lost becuase you can't see the faces of the girls..

No comments: