Monday, May 09, 2005

Hurry up...

Tonight I (steve) was cleaning up from dinner. There were quite a few pots and pan, the floor was pretty dirty and I was thinking of my 3 children in the other room, lazily watching a Disney movie. During this movie I was thinking about how my kids didn't have a clue how much we do to keep everything going. I was getting a little resentful in my conversation with myself when Kamryn comes strolling in and asks, "Can we watch the funnies video now?" I had promised them when everything was cleaned up we could watch America's Funniest Videos. I said, with a slight tinge of sacrcasm, "What do you think I am doing now, Kamryn?" She said "Cleaning up?" "Right, I have been cleaning up for the last 20 minutes..." I said with a little flair in my voice, hoping she would catch the tone in my voice and feel ashamed at her lack of consideration for how much her parents do for her. She was silent for a second. And then she said, "Well, you don't clean very fast."

No comments: