Tonight we all got home from picking up Steve from the airport (returning from Guatemala). The girls were very excited to see the presents that he had brought them so they all came into our bedroom and gathered around. Steve needed to get organized so he sent them out into the Living Room and told them to close their eyes. I followed Julia down the hall, when she got to the dining room she turned right as if she was going to go into the kitchen. I continued to follow her (I was going to the kitchen too) but to my surprise she walked smack into the wall. It was quite comical so it was hard not to laugh. She was crying, obviously, so while cuddling on the couch, trying not laugh (unsuccessfully) I asked her what happened.
Steph: Did you have your eyes closed?
Julia: Yes.
Steph: Why did you have your eyes closed?
Julia: (through her sobs) Because daddy told me to!
We all got a big kick out of that. I'm wondering if she walked the entire way with her eyes closed or if she just closed them right before she hit the wall. And, I'm wondering why she doesn't obey me that well?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment