I was snuggling with my youngest daughter, Julia, on Friday night, listening to her breath and feeling her little chest go up and down. I thanked God for her breath, again, and again, and again... Each time that little chest went up, I sighed and I just realized how precious a gift our breath is, and how much we take it for granted. I have been thinking about my eyes a lot lately, too. How remarkable that these two eyeballs can produce an ability to see, especially now so after my lasik surgery. I can see. I can hear (sort of:). I can walk and talk and look and laugh and wonder and think. The human body is indeed an amazingly complex walking gift. Some say it was created... Other say it evolved. Most are conflicted after watching their little baby being born into the world. Well, I gotta at least join the writer of Psalm 139 in the Bible in just being bit awed by this human body and annoucing his thankfulness to the one he believed created it:
Psalm 139:13-16 (NASB-U)
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
[14] I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
Take a minute today to reflect in gratitude for the gift of breath...
No comments:
Post a Comment