Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's not easy being the middle one...

Growing up as the youngest of three boys, I never struggled much with the order of age. I was the baby, and even though I was picked on, the baby usually get what he wants:) The middle one though is kind of stuck in the middle and they have to find their own way. Bradyn is in such a predicament. Her older sister is the parent-pleaser, her younger sister is too cute for her own good. Bradyn is in the middle. So, she is kind of our little cute rebel, trying to do things differently than her older sister which is usually the right way. So, Kamryn spends half her childhood trying to make sure Bradyn doesn't kill herself. However, there are times when Kamryn decides to test her parents and her independence. It doesn't usually last long, but when she does, Bradyn makes the most of it. It is amazing to watch. When Kamryn gets in trouble for something, or is complaining about something, Bradyn is right there doing the opposite of her "bad" sister, ready to make known to the world that whatever bad Kamryn is doing, she is doing the opposite good.

For example, this morning, Kamryn was complaining because Daddy burnt the waffle. I told her that children in Africa were starving... Actually, no I didn't, but I did say it is not burnt. You know the psychological game that we never win. Anyway, so Bradyn starts out by saying thanks for the waffles. Than she said, "Do you like burnt waffles?" I said, "yes, I do.' Bradyn said, "I loooovve burnt waffles. I love them very much." She then proceeded to go on and on about how much she like burnt everything, including bacon. She saw the opportunity to infiltrate her sisters righteous ranking and her smart little mind seized it. You gotta hand it the one in the middle.

No comments: