Thursday, June 09, 2005

Bathtub Tales

Context:
A while back I saw a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip that went something like this:

Calvin: Uncle Max, when are you going to be leaving.
Uncle Max: I am leaving tomorrow, Calvin.
Calvin: Awww... (with a disappointed look on his face)
Uncle Max: Well, that's nice you are going to miss me.
Calvin: Yes, I am. Mom is always more patient with me when we have company here.

Story:
I think we have all experienced this dynamic. Well, Bradyn decided to put a twist on this. Last night, I was giving Bradyn a bath and usually she cries when I put water in her hair. She hates it when I wash her hair. This time she didn't and I was a little surprised. I praised her for it.(Whatever it takes is my philopsophy) Stephanie and I were getting ready to go out for dinner and we had a babysitter coming over...

Bradyn said:
When we don't have a babysitter coming over, I cry.
But when we do have a babysitter coming over, I don't cry.

I asked why this was and she said, "Well, I don't want the babysitter to see me crying."

No comments: